Hi, I'm Abhi Bavishi
Growth Hacker | UX Writer | Technopreneur
I help businesses come up with kickass content marketing strategies. Over the last 6 years, I have worked with over 100+ companies, some of which are Fortune 500 or million-dollar organizations. I’m extremely good at identifying content gaps, hacking user motivation, and weaving business outcomes with technical & design implementation. I don’t wear a cape, as long as my thinking cap works!
Abhi Nilesh Bavishi
3rd April 1992 - India
Birla Vishvakarma Mahavidhyalaya (Bachelors Course) - June 2009 - May 2013
Studied computer engineering concepts and advanced programming languages in one of the top-ranked colleges in Gujarat. Attained bachelor's degree with 7.77 CGPA.
Growth Consultant - July 2017 - Present
Implementing core content marketing strategies to increase signups for a Silicon Valley think tank, and business incubator. Singularity University is located in NASA Research Park, and has been backed by companies like Google and Deloitte.
- Drafting takeaway documents, landing-page copies, social-media posts, etc. for EOA sessions
- Brainstorming on influencer marketing and growth-hacking strategies
- Co-ordinating with business and design teams, and providing insights on improving user engagement
Growth Hacker - April 2017 - Present
Framing content marketing and product design strategies for a top-ranked fitness training app. Focused on growing the bottom-line margins with low-cost, high impact marketing workflows. Responsibilities include:
- Outlining the content marketing roadmap by working closely with top-management
- Creating drip marketing and lifecycle emails for smooth user onboarding
- Implementing high ROI ad campaigns on Google and Facebook
- Leveraging A/B testing to improve conversions, and user experience
- Drafting blogs, landing pages, case-studies, knowledgebase articles, video-scripts, eBooks, etc.
Founder, CEO - February 2016 - Present
Spearheading one-of-a-kind home automation brand that's ranked #1 in India. From developing the technical stack, installing the hardware devices to laying down the content plan, I've juggled every possible business process. Currently looking to scale the team, and build a top-notch platform.
- Leading design, technical, content, accounting and operational teams, and collaborating with them to achieve business objectives
- Wireframing, prototyping and developing the eCommerce marketplace
- Partnering with installers across India, and training them to install smart-home devices
- Implementing scalable business processes, systems and workflows
- Gathering end-to-end knowledge of the intricacies in the Indian business ecosystem
UX Consultant - July 2017 - November 2017
Conceptualised gamified version of a digital marketing quiz for a Fortune 500 client, and gave proactive solicitation to business and technical teams for improving end-user experience.
- Implemented the technical stack, designed the quiz framework, and narrowed down on the KPIs
- Created wireframes/mockups for the quiz interface
- Wrote UX content from start to finish; includes onboarding screens, questions, reports, etc.
- Coordinated with technical team, and gave consultation on technical bugs, issues, etc.
- Created analytical reports for the top management
Technical Writer - Dec 2016 - Apr 2017
Compiled in-depth technical guides on DIY electronic projects, ranging from Arduino, Raspberry Pi, ESP8266 to other maker-friendly kits. One of the articles got re-tweeted by Arduino's official twitter handle, and improved the visibility of the client to a larger audience-base (40% more signups, 10x traffic).
- Drafted unique and easy-to-follow technical articles on DIY maker kits
- Wrote code snippets for projects, along with hardware diagrams
- Proactively followed up with readers on any technical bugs, issues, etc.
Marketing Consultant - Jun 2016 - Dec 2016
Framed growth and content marketing strategy for a leading NPS startup in Silicon Valley. Boosted the Alexa ranking by over 100,000 places, with the organic traffic bringing more than 10k unique visitors per month.
- Conducted in-depth technical research and wrote highly engaging blog posts
- Created minimalistic pitch decks for the CEO
- Drafted case-studies, interview and reports w.r.t NPS implementation
Ghost Writer - Jan 2016 - Oct 2016
Worked as a ghostwriter for a super-popular SaaS startup, based in Canada. Helped them redefine their content marketing strategy, and made it their key competitive advantage. Referral SaaSQuatch is currently the #1 ranked referral marketing software used by companies like TypeForm, Invision, Tile, and more.
- Studied user experiences of popular apps, and mapped them with behavioral psychology principles
- Wrote in-depth guides/eBooks (10,000+ words) on referral marketing for different target segments
- Created detailed case-studies on how popular brands conduct their referral campaigns
Web Designer - Apr 2017 - Present
Developed an ecommerce website from scratch for an upcoming consumer electronics brand in Singapore.
- Created unique products-specific content for promoting the brand's flagship products
- End-to-end implementation of technical functionalities
- Co-ordinated with top management to implement advanced functionalities on the eCommerce store (payment gateway integration, stock management, variant configuration, etc.)
Technical Writer - Jan 2016 - May 2016
Researched blockchain technology and wrote blog posts, reports, user guides and short e-books for a leading bitcoin payment exchange in Australia.
- Created detailed reports on white papers written on blockchain technologies, like, Ethereum, Factom, etc.
- Drafted in-depth guides on how to use, store, mine or transfer different cryptocurrencies
- Framed detailed replies of blockchain-based technical questions asked on the forum
Expert Product Writer - July 2015 - Feb 2016
Conceptualized and designed product-specific content and descriptions for U.K's #1 online home automation store. The content, combined with visually appealing graphics, boosted engagement and took the website to around 990k pageviews/month.
- Collaborated with technical and marketing teams for drafting product descriptions
- Repackaged technical information into marketing takeaways
- Rewrote most of the content on the website, and optimised it for organic searches
- Worked with backend systems like Magento, BrightPearl, Wordpress, etc.
Journalist - May 2015 - Sep 2015
Worked as a journalist for one of the leading Health-IT Magazine in Australia and Asia.
- Conducted telephonic interviews with leading influencers and startups in the healthcare industry
- Drafted original news-stories, based on reports, interviews and surveys
- Worked closely with senior editor, and other team-members to align on the content schedule
Review Writer - Oct 2011 - Aug 2013
Created news-articles, press-releases and blogs for one of India's top-ranked review website. MaxAbout currently fetches more than 170,918 unique visitors per day, and is valued at more than $1.5 million.
- Co-ordinated with the technical, design and business teams for content marketing ideas
- Compiled technical insights, and wrote highly detailed product descriptions
- Optimised the content for organic searches, while balancing readability and simplicity
Assistant System Engineer - Oct 2013 - Dec 2014
Worked as a Java developer & Business analytics intern for TCS -- India's largest IT services and consulting company. Developed applications and web-services for a leading Dutch bank, and also got awarded for building advanced automation tools.
- Tools: Sonar, Appscan, Putty, Citrix, Cascade, etc.
- Methodologies: Agile development (scrum-based)
Tech Writer - Oct 2011 - Aug 2013
Wrote more than 300+ articles, press-releases and technical guides for one of the leading blogs on mobile technology. Here's my complete author profile. TDG is currently one of the most popular blogs in the world for Android news, fetching more than 38.5k unique visitors per day.
- Worked with a highly motivated team, and wrote as many as 30 articles per week
- Optimised blog content for organic search queries
- Analysed Google Trends/Reddit to better understand reader motivations
Software Intern - July 2012 - May 2013
Developed an ERP application, focusing on sales, purchase and inventory modules using ASP.NET/C#. Also implemented a business analytics dashboard using WPF framework.
- Created the complete documentation for the software (class, state and activity diagrams in UML)
- Implemented multi-level functionalities and ensured data-integrity across workflows
- Collaborated with the company's technical & business teams for UAT (user acceptance testing)
90% CompleteCommunication 70%
80% CompleteProblem Solving 80%
75% CompleteTime Management 75%
85% CompleteCritical Thinking 85%
90% CompleteColloboration 90%
70% CompleteGoogle Docs 70%
90% CompleteKeynote 90%
85% CompleteNumbers/Excel 85%
80% CompleteEmail Marketing 80%
85% CompleteFacebook Adverts 85%
65% CompleteGoogle AdWords 65%
80% CompleteSearch Engine Optimisation 80%
70% CompleteA/B Testing 70%
75% CompleteInfluencer Marketing 75%
70% CompleteC/C++ 70%
80% CompletePython 80%
85% CompleteJava 85%
90% CompleteHTML/CSS3 90%
60% CompleteLinux 60%
70% CompleteAVR Programming 70%
Have deep interest in behavioral psychology, and firmly believe it's the founding-stone of building a successfull brand. The world's most succesful companies, be it -- Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, AirBnB -- are all built by understanding intrinsic user motivations.
Growth-hacking is about implementing the smallest possible change, at scale, that will have the highest possible impact. From optimising product workflows to shortening onboarding gaps, growth-hacking strategies are the secret sauce to building high-growth startups.
Love hacking electronics and writing code that interacts with the real world. Have built 50+ DIY projects, some of which include self-driving cars, data-logging systems, voice-interaction modules, and more. Worked with 15+ smart home brands, and handled their API integration at software level.
Passionate about sketching portraits; firmly believe that any piece of art is never complete; only abandoned. Checkout some of my amazing sketches, here.
Have always been fascinated by how you can capture a million words with just one still. Proud owner of Nikon D7100.